The International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) and the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) are providing policy recommendations, guidelines and tools to improve Extension Advisory Services (EAS) systems, in order to build resilience of smallholders to crises and disasters.
As the world is currently struggling to fight the COVID-19 pandemic, and the farmers in countries including NENA region are facing dual burden i.e., inadequate health services coupled with timely extension services for sustaining their livelihoods.
The digital disruption in EAS may define the extension in the context of aggregation, traceability; quick and responsive advisories, finance and digital coordination of supply chain etc., The future of EAS will depend on how well the new extension functionalities are built into the extension organizations.
The Zoominar will address the following questions:
- What are the opportunities and challenges of digital extension strategies, especially under COVID-19 circumstances?
- How could emerging Digital Apps be integrated into the broader extension frameworks?
- What role could we (IFAD, FAO & partners) play to facilitate implementation and scaling of these innovations?
- Khalida Bouzar (IFAD Director Near East, North Africa, Europe and Central Asia Division): Opening remarks
- Dina Saleh (IFAD): Introduction – opportunities and challenges of digital extension strategies under COVID-19 circumstances.
- Shaik N. Meera, Keynote (ICAR): Towards a Digital Extension Framework in Post COVID-19 Context: Functional Transformation of EAS Organizations
- Tawanda Hove (ICT4D, Welthungerhilfe): What Digital Extension Governance Models from Africa can help developing Digital Extension perspective for NENA region?
- Marco Brini (EnvEve): Emerging role of Ag Tech and FinTech in the post COVID-19 context? What role is data driven extension is going to play in near future?
- Nevena Alexandrova (FAO AGDR): Pathways to accelerate digital extension in support of the extension reform process in Azerbaijan and Tunisia
- Adel Zekaizak (FAO RNE): Integrating digital apps into broader organizational frameworks.
- Owen Barder (PAD): Precision Agriculture for Development
Registration Link: https://fao.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJIscu2urjooEtJOLHSjGORGvSptaWgYkwOn
**Kindly note that attendees register once and can attend the recurring Thursday sessions, using the same registration confirmation.
For more information please feel free to contact: email@example.com